Alternatieve toekomstvisie
het varken uit Stettin
2018-07-08 10:08:36 UTC
Er zal hier wel niemand /. lezen, dus post ik de link hier samen met de
samenvatting:

https://news.slashdot.org/story/18/07/07/2315216/are-the-wealthy-plotting-to-leave-us-behind

"The wealthy are plotting to leave us behind," writes Douglas Rushkoff,
describing what he learned from a high-paying speaking gig about the
future of technology for "five super-wealthy guys...from the upper
echelon of the hedge fund world," -- and what it says about perceptions
of technology today.
The Event. That was their euphemism for the environmental collapse,
social unrest, nuclear explosion, unstoppable virus, or Mr. Robot hack
that takes everything down. This single question occupied us for the
rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect
their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards
once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their
own leader...?

That's when it hit me: At least as far as these gentlemen were
concerned, this was a talk about the future of technology. Taking their
cue from Elon Musk colonizing Mars, Peter Thiel reversing the aging
process, or Sam Altman and Ray Kurzweil uploading their minds into
supercomputers, they were preparing for a digital future that had a
whole lot less to do with making the world a better place than it did
with transcending the human condition altogether and insulating
themselves from a very real and present danger of climate change, rising
sea levels, mass migrations, global pandemics, nativist panic, and
resource depletion. For them, the future of technology is really about
just one thing: escape.

There's nothing wrong with madly optimistic appraisals of how technology
might benefit human society. But the current drive for a post-human
utopia is something else. It's less a vision for the wholesale migration
of humanity to a new state of being than a quest to transcend all that
is human: the body, interdependence, compassion, vulnerability, and
complexity.... It's a reduction of human evolution to a video game that
someone wins by finding the escape hatch and then letting a few of his
BFFs come along for the ride... The future became less a thing we create
through our present-day choices or hopes for humankind than a
predestined scenario we bet on with our venture capital but arrive at
passively. This freed everyone from the moral implications of their
activities... Ultimately, according to the technosolutionist orthodoxy,
the human future climaxes by uploading our consciousness to a computer
or, perhaps better, accepting that technology itself is our evolutionary
successor.

The piece -- titled "Survival of the Richest" -- is an interesting read,
and ends by suggesting this inspiring counter-philosophy.

"Being human is not about individual survival or escape. It's a team sport."
Goeie grutten!
2018-07-08 10:22:45 UTC
Post by het varken uit Stettin
[...]
</>
It's a team sport!

Ernst Happel:

Das sind niet die Balle, du kannst kein Fussball spielen!

Was ist das voor geloel?

Kein geloel ... Fußballen!

Goeie grutten.
--
" Goeie grutten nog an toe "

Wij verkopen gebakken lucht.
Waar luchtkastelen van worden gemaakt.
Hein 2018
u hAd zich de moeite kunnen besparen
Manok62
2018-07-08 10:38:05 UTC
Post by Hein 2018
u hAd zich de moeite kunnen besparen
Klopt, zet dat BOVEN en knip de rest weg.